We stock what we believe are the best menstrual cups available on the market - the Me Luna, the SckoonCup and most recently, the new V-Cups!
Some tips for first time menstrual cup users or when changing to a new cup...
○ Try inserting it in the shower. It's much easier when you don't have to worry about any mess.
○ Experiment with different folds; C fold, Punch down fold and 7 fold, for example. Some are easier to insert than others and some pop open better. Try them out and see which works best for you.
○ Ensure that the cup has popped open properly. Don't be afraid to move/twist the cup or slide a finger around the side of the cup to check that the rim is fully open.
○ On your heaviest days, empty the cup regularly until you learn your flow and how it relates to the capacity of the cup. You may find you need to empty it 3 or 4 times on your first day but only once a day later in your period.
○ Wear a cloth liner to catch any leaks.
○ To remove the cup, locate the bottom, bear down to help move the cup down the vagina, squeeze the bottom of the cup to help break the seal and then remove. It often helps to remove it on a slight angle. Just keep it upright til you can empty it in the toilet.
Remember that it can take a few cycles to get really efficient with using a cup, or you may have to try a couple before you find one that works well for you. A cup can last you up to 10 years so the overall investment is minimal.
We offer layby to help make the purchase easier too!
Copyright Mama Cloth 2014. Including but not limited to all images and wording. All rights reserved.